Do you use Facebook? In just a matter of days, March 30th to be exact, your profile or business page will be automatically switched to the new Timeline format. Is your profile or business page ready?
9 Changes You Need to Be Aware of Right Away When Your Facebook Page Changes to Timeline:
- Facebook is giving you more real estate with a Cover Image that you can put front and center. The dimensions of this are 851×315 pixels (the image you use for this must be at least 399 pixels wide) One thing to note, you cannot use a call to action (Like, Order, Call, etc) in this image.
- Default Landing Tabs are out.
- You can pin a post to stay at the top of your wall for up to 7 days.
- You can highlight posts by spreading them across both columns of the page.
- You can go back in time and add milestones to your Timeline on the assigned date. The new addition will also go out into your fans’ news feeds.
- You can now use Interest Lists to encourage your fans to join. This will help deliver the content people are most interested in to their news feeds.
- Tabs are now Apps or Views and there are a maximum of 12.
- You can still use fan-gating with third party apps and drive Facebook or outside traffic to that specific URL.
- The Like button turns to Liked when you click it on someone’s page. (This is also where you sign up for Interest Lists.)
Check out our Timeline page – we’re updating and adding to it all the time. Like Us and we’ll keep sharing our tips.